Travel Pattaya Thailand
PATTAYA BEACH THAILAND
Pattaya (พัทยา) is a seaside resort on the Eastern Gulf Coast of Thailand, about 150 km southeast of Bangkok. Pattaya is mostly famous for its go-go and beer bars, but local authorities have made some efforts to provide more family-friendly attractions and activities. Although the sex industry is still going strong and sex tourism remains the key money earner for Pattaya, the resort also attracts local families and holidaymakers from around the world. If you are going to be offended by the sight of fat old men hand in hand with young Thai women, then Pattaya is probably not the place for you.
Efforts by local authorities over the past few years have improved the quality of the beaches, but they are still lacklustre by Thailand’s standards, and over-development has long since destroyed some of the natural charms the area once had. However, the plethora of hotels and guest houses, and easy access from the capital and airport, make it a popular weekend getaway. Catering for over five million annual visitors, Pattaya is also able to offer an excellent range of eating options and a wide variety of things to do. Its population is a colourful mix of nationalities and ethnicities from near and far.
Travel Pattaya Thailand
- Pattaya occupies most of the coastline of Bang Lamung District (one of the eleven districts that comprise Chonburi Province). This article only deals with Pattaya proper, which spans the areas to the east of Naklua Beach and Pattaya Beach, plus the Buddha Hill headland (which is immediately south of Pattaya Beach).
- The beaches of Jomtien are much broader and generally in a better shape, and the atmosphere locally is more sedate and family-oriented than at Pattaya Beach.
Pattaya is very famous for its nightlife but this doesn’t mean that you can’t visit Pattaya as a family. Pattaya has many daytime attractions.
Here, I have compiled a list of things to do in Pattaya.
Pattaya is famous for the beautiful lady boy. There are 2 main cabaret shows venue which are performed by lady boys.
Great shows from this old establishment, Usually shows are available 3 times a day at 7pm, 8.30pm and 10pm. On holiday there may be an extra show at 5.30pm
Beautiful show, huge hall. Shows are available 3 times a day at 6.30pm, 8pm and 9.30pm. Extra show on Saturday at 11pm.
Ripley’s Believe it or not
Ripley’s is located inside Royal Garden Plaza on beach road. I think it is on the top most floor, 3rd floor. If you can find your way to Royal Garden Plaza, you can never miss Ripley’s. Here there are more than 300 of extraordinary items from all over the world that is sure to leave you amazed.
You may also want to try Ripley’s motion master theater, this is a high tech movie system that will make your senses believe you are in the movie with all sound affects and specially created movie.
Recently they’ve just started Ripley’s haunted adventure. This is not just a normal haunted house, my personally advice is that this is not a place for soft hearted ladies and kids. Go with your girlfriend :D.
Ripley’s laser trek, another adventure by Ripley’s. The objective is to use laser gun shooting at each other, even the arena will shoot back at you. Its fun but I recommend you to go in as a group of 5 or more up to 26 people. They only allow 26 people. You can go in alone too, but its not going to be fun.
Located on the outskirt of Pattaya in Sukhumvit road. Here you can find many small creation (mock up model) of famous places like various temples in Thailand, Statue of Liberty, Eiffel tower, etc.
I guess this is the only bottle museum in the world. It is located in Sukhumvit 6. Here you can find miniature artwork such as Thai temples, palaces, both Thai and foreigners artwork, contain inside a bottle. More than 300 bottles can be found here.
Alangkarn Pattaya show (Alangkarn = Huge and amazing)
This place showcase Thai culture, Thai handicraft with state of the art theatre that has been decorated in Thai-modern style. It is a modern Thai Multi-Dimension Extravaganza show. There’s also a restaurant that serves both Thai and International food with a capacity of 1,000 seats. ALANGKARN is located 155 kilometers on Sukhumvit road Jomtien.
Nong Nooch (pronounce Nong Noot) Garden
Nong Nooch garden is the place for seeing scenery of the tropical garden. It has artificial waterfall and lake that you can go canoeing. Its a nice place with many different plants like orchid or cactus garden. Its easy to find many animals, from birds to butterfly and many other animals in this garden. You can relax and watch Thai traditional dance show, which is available 3 times a day, martial arts, and the Thais favorite cock fighting everyday. You can even ride and elephant or watch elephant shows. Nong Nooch garden also has accommodation for overnight stay with traditional Thai bungalows.
Sri Racha Tiger zoo
Sri Racha is a small town located about 30 minutes drive away from Pattaya. You can find lots of tigers and many other animals in the zoo. It is open from 9.30am – 6pm everday.
http://www.tigerzoo.com for more information.
Another traditional Thai farm that exhibits Thai handicrafts and Thai arts together with boat museums and floating market. This place is an escaped away from the busy lifestyle of Pattaya. They try to create the atmosphere of the olden days where you can find real people living the old lifestyle.
Located in Pornprapanimit road. It is open daily from 9am – 6pm. It has cultural shows 4 times a day at 9.30am, 11am, 3pm and 4.30pm
Million years stone park – Crocodile farm
This place has both a park (rock garden) and a zoo. It has been open for over 20 years. It has the famous crocodile shows where the guy put his head in between crocodile mouth while it is open. Also Thai martial arts and magical shows. You can go elephant riding or have your picture taken with tamed tiger, lion or even bear and many more animals.
Open from 8.30am – 6pm
Monkey training and Cobra show
I guess there’s going to be monkey shows and cobra shows here. Never been there before. If you want to find out more about this, just ask anybody in Pattaya, when you get there. They should know. 😛
Here you can go elephant trekking throughout the day. It also has elephant training shows at 2.30pm everyday. Located on Sukhumvit roadFor those of you that believes Thailand is famous for white elephants, well I don’t mean to disappoint you but I don’t know a place where you can actually see white elephants here. This doesn’t mean that white elephants don’t exist in Thailand. They do, but in a reserved area that people are not allowed in.
Siriporn orchid farm
This farm is located in NuenPraWan road. Many different kinds of orchids can be found here. Open daily from 8am – 5pm.
Miniature Racetrack (Thais called it Go-Kart)
Go-Kart is the word for driving small little vehicle in the race track. Fun for people who like the thrill of speed. Two main places to go Go-Kart (ing)
Here’s a bit of a story about Go-Kart. I was told that once a girl who had a very long hair when for a Go-Kart drive. Her long hair got stuck in the wheel and it pulled her hair of, left her with only her skull. Eventually she died. So if you have long hair you might want to tidy it up first. Nevertheless it is fun.
Siam karting circuit
- Located in the same area with Mini Siam, so you can do both things in one place.
- Very fast car – 450 Baht/10 minutes
- Medium speed – 350 Baht/10 minutes
- Cars for kids – 250 Baht/10 minutes
Pattaya kart speed way
- Open from 9.30am – 6.30pm
- 250 Baht/10 minutes
- Kids race track and for trainers 150 Baht/10 minutes
Here you can also enjoy a game of Paintball
- This is a real life game that assume you are trap in the war zone. Players have to wear masks and coat. The weapon of choice is gun with plastic bullets that once hit the target will be smashed into colors. Now if you are shot, you’re suppose to pretend you’re dead and is not allowed to participate for the rest of the game.
- Players are divided into 2 teams. The objective of the game is to capture the flag of the other team and bring it back to the base. It is fun and does not hurt.
- Located in Theppasit between Sukhumvit and Jomtien.
- Pattaya park is a fun park located in Jomtien. The famous Pattaya park’s swimming pool, whirlpools that are huge with big sliders. There’s a lot more things to do here like, tower jump, sky shuttle, monorail and a lot more in Pattaya park funny land.
- Here you can also find the famous revolving restaurant, from this place you can see 360 degrees view of Pattaya from top of the tower, This place keeps rotating. Don’t miss the chance to take few pictures.
- http://www.pattayapark.com for more detail
Lakeland water cable ski
- The name says it all, water cable ski at the lake.
- Located in Sukhumvit road about 5 kilometers away from Pattaya. Open from 10am – 9pm.
- But I guess the best time to go is during the day or before sunset.
- Underwater aquarium, You can walk along the tunnel under the water to see many different marine animals.
- Located 200 meters away from Tesco Lotus in south Pattaya.
Wind surfing, paragliding
- One of the place I know that you can go wind surfing, paragliding, canoeing, kayaking, etc is Bamrung Sailing and Paramotor Centre, located at 150 kilometers on Sukhumvit road.
Things you can do at the beach
- Pattaya has many beaches, but the most famous one is probably Jomtien beach. Here is a list of things you can do
- Banana Boat – About 5-10 people can get on this both at a time. It is not really a boat but a long straight balloon that floats on the water.
- The speed boat will pull this banana boat in the sea. Its fun.
- Rates 700 Baht/ 30 minutes
- Jet Ski – You can rent a jet ski for about 1,200 Baht/ hour
- Water Ski – About 500-1,000 Baht, depending on availability.
- Parasailing – 300 Baht for about 5 minutes or a round in the sea, not a very big round.
Koh Larn or Coral Island. In Thai “Koh” means Island.
Where to go to relax and rest:
- Shakespeare Hotel
- Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel
- Siam Bayview Hotel
- Siam Bayshore Resort and Spa
- Tim Botique Hotel
- Royal Twins Hotel
- Page 10 Hotel
- Baywalk Residence
- Pattaya Holiday Lodge
- Centara Pattaya Hotel
- LK Royal Suite Hotel
- Aya Botique Hotel Pattaya
- LK the Empress
- Hotel Selection Pattaya
- Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort
- Jasmina Condo Service at View Talay Condo
- Ravindra Beach Resort and Spa
- Sea Sand Sun Resort and Spa
- Eastiny Plaza Hotel
- Amari Orchid Hotel Pattaya
Where to go for foods:
- Mantra Restaurant and Bar
- Moom Aroi
- Preecha Seafood
- Au Bon Coin
- Casa Pascal
- The Glass House
- Boathouse Wine and Grill
- Gian’s Ristorante Italiano
- Pinnacle Miridian and revolving restaurant
- Sea Falcon
- Shenanigan’s Irish Pub
- Surf Kitchen
- The Grill House
Where to go for medical needs:
- Bangkok Hospital Pattaya