Dental Onlays Thailand FAQ
Dental Onlays Thailand are often referred to as ‘indirect fillings’. If one of your teeth has more than 33% of its structure damaged, regular fillings are no longer an option. Dental onlays are considered as an alternative to dental crowns. Dental onlays and inlays are both used when a tooth’s structure is weak with onlays being more extensive. They cover several bumps on the chewing surface of the tooth and are occasionally called partial crowns.
What Happens During The Procedure?
- When you visit our surgical team for the first time, we will remove any old fillings or decay we find in the affected area. We need take an impression of the shape of the teeth being treated and the surrounding teeth. This impression is sent to our lab where a dental filling is made especially for your teeth.
- While the dental onlays are being created, we will give you a temporary filling to keep your teeth protected. The second and final visit involves removing this filling and replacing it with your permanent protection.
Why Would I Need Temporary Dental Onlays?
You are the ideal candidate for dental onlays if you:
- Need fillings which need more than a single appointment.
- Have had a root canal
- Need the nerve of the tooth to calm down in the event that the pulp becomes irritated
- Are in desperate need of emergency dental treatment because of a severe toothache or other issues
How Strong Are Dental Onlays Thailand?
- Dental onlays are far more durable than traditional fillings. In fact, if you take care of your teeth, these onlays could last for approximately 30 years.
- There are a variety of materials that can be used including porcelain, gold or composite resin. We give you the choice so you can make your smile look just the way you like it.
- Although dental onlays technically weaken the structure of your teeth, the effect they cause is far less than the weakening associated with traditional fillings.
I Don’t Have The Time For Two Visits!
- Don’t panic! You also have the option of direct dental onlays. These follow virtually the same procedures as the aforementioned method but the difference is, you only have to make one visit.
- The onlays are made in the clinic and placed in your mouth in a single day. This is a perfect solution for busy travelers who need to fix their teeth quickly.
- If your teeth are decaying slowly but surely and they are so badly damaged that fillings are no longer an option, try dental onlays on for size.
- We guarantee that we can make your teeth stronger and more aesthetically pleasing than they’ve been for years.
For more information on dental onlays, contact Urban Beauty Thailand today. If you’re already convinced that your teeth need repairing, book an appointment now while your teeth are still strong enough to support dental onlays.
When you book with us, there are no hidden fees or charges, what you see is what you get!